Participation in research projects:
2016-2017 The impact of ice sheet flow on the polar climate record (Postdoctoral Research Fellow and grant holder)
Research on how deformation and associated dispersion can modify and distort the polar ice paleoclimate record, by means of full-field numerical simulations. Funded the programme of Recruitment of Excellent Young Sciencists of the University of Tübingen.
2013-2016 Numerical simulation of deformation microstructures in polar ice (Postdoctoral Research Fellow and PhD student)
Effect of deformation mechanisms on ice sheet dynamics. Funded by the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres (Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research and University of Tübingen).
- Development of a numerical method for deformation structures in ice sheet flow.
2012 Mineral vein dynamics modelling (Scientific software developer)
FRACS Consortium, funded by DGMK (German Society for Petroleum and Coal Science and Technology), ExxonMobil Production Germany, GDF-Suez, RWE and Wintershall.
- Development of a numerical method for vein crystal growth and formation of crack-seal veins.
2012 Rheology of the Continental Crust in Collision (PhD student)
RCCC project: University of Tübingen, University Paris VI and PGP University of Oslo. Funded by the DAAD.
- Development of a numerical method to simulate the mechanical behaviour of partially molten rocks.
2010-2012 Analysis and numerical simulation of ductile deformation structures (PhD student)
- Viscous layer deformation in simple- and pure- shear up to high strain: development of folds and unfolded folds.
- Rigid body rotation (porphyroclasts/porphyroblasts) in materials with different types of anisotropy (intrinsic, composite).